00 Votes

Different names for manga?

Question by Hiromi | 2020-02-10 at 19:41

I have recently developed a passion for mangas and read almost everything I can get my hands on.

However, I noticed that some works, such as "The Bride of the Water God", are called manhwa and not manga. Is there a difference?

0Best Answer0 Votes

The Asian comics are called "manga" in Japanese. This designation (the word "manga") has been established in many parts of Europe and the USA due to the international success of Japanese works.

The term "manhwa" is the Korean expression for such works. In China they are called "manhua".
2020-02-11 at 16:07

ReplyPositive Negative

Related Topics

Rename File to its Folder Name

Tutorial | 0 Comments

The Secure Password

Info | 0 Comments

Names of Wedding Anniversaries

Article | 0 Comments

Important Note

Please note: The contributions published on askingbox.com are contributions of users and should not substitute professional advice. They are not verified by independents and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of askingbox.com. Learn more.


Ask your own question or write your own article on askingbox.com. That’s how it’s done.